Posted for Alison Cooley:
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Facilitating Access to Latin Inscriptions)
- Ioannou Centre, 66 St Giles’, Oxford
- Grade 7: £31,331 p.a.
- The ‘Facilitating Access to Latin Inscriptions in Britain’s Oldest Public Museum through Scholarship and Technology’ project is seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Fellow for a full-time, 3-year fixed-term post from 1 October 2013 until 30 September 2016. The project is funded by an Arts and Humanities Research Council Grant and is directed by Dr Alison Cooley (University of Warwick).
- The Research Fellow will be based in the Ashmolean Museum and in the Classics Faculty’s Ioannou Centre in central Oxford and will work under the supervision of Dr Cooley and Dr Susan Walker (Keeper of Greek and Roman Antiquities). The principal responsibility of the Research Fellow will be to fulfil the project’s impact agenda by integrating the Latin inscriptions in the Museum into the Ashmolean’s Online Collections, creating additional web resources tailored to the needs of school students, designing and implementing interactive gallery activities, exploring the creation of resources for the visually impaired, and helping to run inset days illustrating the potential of the new resources for UK teachers.
- Applicants should have a PhD in Archaeology, Ancient History, Museum Studies, or a relevant field, a demonstrable knowledge of the Social History of the Roman World, experience in working in collaboration with schools, and have proven IT skills.
- Only applications received before 12.00 noon on 17 May 2013 can be considered.
Contact Person : Erica Clarke
Vacancy ID : 107580
Contact Phone : 01865 288269
- Closing Date : 17-May-2013
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further particulars to be found at the Oxford recruitment page.